Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Little Princess Room - "Old School Pic"

I was looking at design projects that I had done in the past and ran across this little girl's room that I did on a small budget.  I designed this room in 1995 and I still think that it is a very special room.  The room is a cross between a trip to a candy shop and a room fit for a royal princess.  (Not unlike the current top music video of "California Gurls" by Katie Perry.)




Pink and white candy stripes were painted on the walls and the  9' ceiling was adored in layers of tulle that ended in a wedding veil pendant light.   The bed was a custom made bed of pink and white with gold stars. The linens and table skirt fabrics are Jeanne Marc-an amazing husband/wife team of fabric and clothing designers from San Francisco.  I do not even know if they are in business anymore.  The windows were adored with pink silk/linen blend fabrics and window boxes with silk flowers.




The princess room has a separate dressing area complete with a vanity and custom dressing screen.

Still love this room!

Au Revoir for now!!


1 comment:

  1. Very fun! I'm working on a little girl's room that's very pinky pink just like this! I'm liking the wall mounted vanity...

    ReplyDelete