Wednesday, May 12, 2010

House Beautiful's new specialty magazine for Spring/Summer 2010 - love it!



I am a big fan of House Beautiful and really loved where Stephen Drucker took the magazine over that past years.  I am sure that the incoming editor, Newell Turner, will do an excellent job!  (I actually went to college with Newell- he is a super nice guy with a superb design eye.)


One of my favorite columns that I read, tear out and file each month is the 2 pages with tried and true paint colors suggestions from top designers.  When working on a project, I will go refer back to these tear sheets for inspirations.  You know it looks like this:









Well, I won't have to scrounge around files anymore because House Beautiful just came out with a magazine that compiles all those list of colors in one place.  It is call "House Beautiful's 500+ Favorite Paint Colors" What a great reference!



I just picked up my copy at Barnes and Nobles but I do not see a place to buy it online, as of yet. So if interested, check your local book store.  It is on stands until August.


By the way, posting more kitchen/mudroom photos of our house tomorrow!


Au Revoir for now!

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog--beautiful! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell us what those 3 colors above are. Love your blog, mostly a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar, I am not sure exactly what those paint colors are since I just pulled them radomly from House Beautiful website. BUT go here: http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/paint-colors/ and there is an interactive paint brush program that can help you find the colors.

    If you are painting a room, I would be happy to advise you. My email is raktwins@optonline.net. Thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also saw it on sale at Costco Warehouse for a discounted price. Do you have Costco in CT? I'm in Dallas.

    P.S. Love your home. Please post more pics and details. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete